In no particular order, here are the songs that my kids most frequently request.
- You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd (Roger Miller) - My favorite Roger Miller line? "Roses are reds, and violets are purple. Sugar is sweet, and so is maple syrple."
- I Got A Feeling (Black Eyed Peas) - Fergie has come along way from the Electric Company.
- Tik Tok (Ke$ha) - The fact that my little princess's favorite song is a party nihilist anthem takes a back row to the fact that it keeps her happy for 5 minutes.
- Cheap Seats (Alabama) - Apparently we like both types.
- Centerfield (John Fogerty) - Can't wait until my boys are old enough to watch Bull Durham. When do you think that'll be? Like 8?
- Never Say Never (Justin Bieber, featuring Jaden Smith) - My favorite Jaden line? "No pun intended I was raised by the power of (W)ill." Um, you intended that pun.
- Baby (Justin Bieber) - I'm more than a little frightened by just how much this news story relieved my wife. And by how quickly I came to forgive Ludacris.
- Under the Mistletoe (Justin Bieber) - There is a pattern here, and it is far too Canadian for my liking.
- It's My Life (Bon Jovi) - At least in my car I can decide when it will start playing.
- We Didn't Start the Fire (Billy Joel) - I don't even get all of the references in there.
I'd like it known here and now that I don't play all of these for my progeny; certain songs will only "work" in Mommy's car. Anyone who lets them in on the fact that I could technically play them are welcome to drive the wee ones around while they rock out to the Biebs.