Sunday, July 21, 2013

When the kids are away...

So the fates have intervened and my wife and I are childless until at least Thursday of this week. Which means "staycation."

Rather than waste the week blogging, I'm just going to enumerate the top 10 things I'd like to accomplish while I am sans kids. Some of these I've already done, some are still "to-do."

  1. Sleep totally nude. Even for naps.
  2. Nap.
  3. Work as late as I want to, practices (which are no longer relevant) be damned.
  4. Be as loud as I want to be during... Family Feud.
  5. Decant wine (which will be dinner) in things I wouldn't normally decant wine in.
  6. Watch Family Feud twice in a day.
  7. Grocery shop with my bride.
  8. Eat out every night, even though our pantry is full.
  9. Brush exactly one set of teeth before bed.
  10. Jury duty. Not exactly by choice, on the agenda nonetheless.
What you wild and crazy people do if you didn't have any kids lying around?


No comments:

Post a Comment