Friday, April 22, 2011

One Turrable Sandwich

I was running some errands the other day when I ran into a St. Louis Bread Company ("Breadco" to those of you in St. Louis, Panera to everyone else) to try out one of their new breakfast sandwiches. As I'm trying to make better nutritional decisions, I opted for the Power Sandwich (whole grain toast, egg, ham, and cheese). I opted out of the cheese, which only put me at a swimsuit season-beckoning 250 calories.

First things first. It was six bucks for a cup of coffee and a half a sandwich. That's a bit steep for me.

[caption id="attachment_437" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The offending morsel"]The offending morsel[/caption]

Not even a damned apple. Seriously.

 

Also, this thing didn't taste like anything. The egg was awful. No seasoning, chalky yolk. Gross. The ham also wasn't seasoned, and was a bit rubbery.

 

The bread was bad. At Breadco. How does that happen?

 

I'm sure this thing is healthy for you, but an Egg McMuffin has comparable calories and I don't want to give my mouth a shower after I eat one.

 

I'm giving the Power Sandwich a rating of MLT, only because it doesn't have mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment