Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Crime and brother-ment

My rules for punishment are generally pretty simple.

  • The punishment should fit the crime.
  • The Constitution only forbids sentences which are both cruel and unusual, and I don't find that much unusual. 
  • I don't like to spank my kids, but if they push me to the point where I have to, they aren't gonna like it either. 
  • If you act up in front of people, you can expect to get reprimanded in front of people. Once you've embarrassed me, I've got no issue embarrassing both of us.
  • Don't think for a minute that I won't discipline your kids if they interfere with my day (and you are welcome to return the favor). 

I bring this all up because my oldest got in trouble tonight. Nothing bad enough to stain his permanent record, but a perfect opportunity for a life lesson. As such, he got one of his worst punishments ever, and he didn't deal with it well.

None of that was particularly adorable. The next thing to happen, however, was.

His little brother asked for a blank piece of paper and a pen. About 2 minutes later my wife got this note.

Prisoner's dilemma my ass.
Didn't spare anyone any jail time, but I'll be sure to bring this up the next time Michael and Lucas feel they need to feud over the last Pop Tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment