Thursday, July 21, 2011

Easily Amused

So my wife has been out of town with work for a few days. My older sons have been staying with their Grammy and going to Vacation Bible School. That leaves me with a 3-year-old boy and a 22-month-old girl. At the same time, I'm on some steroids to treat a bad patch of poison ivy which also makes me pretty crabby and given to mood swings and insomnia. This week could've gone south in a hurry.

The first morning the kids woke up sans mommy, I knew I'd have to find something to amuse myself just to make it through the week. I settled quickly on dressing them up like fools while their mom was out of town. Mismatched shoes, stripes and polka dots, colors that don't go together. Anyway, it was better than being miserable.

No Mommy Day 1
Cooper couldn't even look at himself.

No Mommy Day 2
Just keep smiling until Friday.

No Mommy Day 3
You better hope Michael and Lucas get to pick out your retirement home.

I know this isn't healthy, but it's pretty harmless. And its a lot cheaper than good Scotch.

1 comment: